Somehow, after a year fighting depression, I got acquainted with EFT. One session helped me more than six months of therapy, go figure. Then I decided I needed to learn this technique for using it on myself and others. This was six months ago, and there is still a lot for me to learn. I am writing this blog for many purposes: one, to charter my journey with EFT; two, to connect with other people with the same interests; three, to help people with EFT; and fourth, to try this blogging thing, something I wanted to do for some time.

So, what is EFT? EFT stands for Emotional Freedom Technique, and it was created by Gary Craig, based on Robert Callahan's TFT. It's like doing acupressure while focusing on emotional or physical issues, and repeating certain key phrases. You tap on a series of points located on the eyebrow, side of the eye, under the eye, under the nose, chin, collarbone, under the arm, and on several points on the hands. There are other points that can be tapped, like on top of he head, for example. I must admit it looks very weird and unconventional, but after feeling it work on myself I will take weird over suffering any minute :-)

If you are interested, there are many resources on the Net, and some good videos on YouTube. So far I have used EFT on depression, cravings, and migraines, although I didn't manage to stop my migraines completely yet. I guess there is a lot more work to do on that one.

The questions of the day are: How did you get acquainted with EFT? Do you EFT on your own?

2 comments

  1. Liesl on December 6, 2009 at 12:50 AM

    I was introduced to EFT though my uncle who was working with my mother. He came to do some work with her and she insisted I needed some work too. He was doing some other energy work on me and I physically felt the energy change and move in my body. I was a believer right there on the spot. I was attracted to EFT because of it's emotional focus. I have always been involved in self improvement and this fit right in. I have opened up my own practice as a life coach using EFT. I also went on to train in Hypnosis and Rapid Eye Technology. I use EFT with everyone but will bring in the others when I think something is different needed. So glad I found your blog and am looking forward to other blogs from you.
    I also have a blog at:
    www.liesl-peacefromwithin.blogspot.com
    Hope to see you there. :)
    Blessings,
    Liesl Anderson

     
  2. Patricia on December 7, 2009 at 10:56 AM

    Hi Liesl, thanks for stopping by! I am impressed at your studies, I am just starting with EFT, and it blows my mind, but I am also somewhat reticent to share it with others yet, I guess that's the perfectionist in me speaking... I read about all the amazing things people report on the newsletter and I doubt I can do the same at this stage. As you see I have enough tapping material for myself.