For all of you who are not familiar with EFT, let's do a fast recap of the technique. First of all, we identify an issue that's bugging us (emotional or physical) and we ask ourselves the question "where do I feel this "X"? ("X" is the issue). Then we give it an estimated number for the intensity of the feeling in a scale of 0 to 10, with 0 equal to not bothering us at all, and 10 a very high intensity. Once we identified the issue, where we feel it, and its intensity, it's time to start tapping!

1. The setup. The setup is meant to take care of psychological reversals (or self-sabotage as I see them). We repeat the setup phrase 3 times while tapping on the karate chop point (KC), which is the fleshy part in the side of the hand between the pinky and the wrist.
The setup takes the form "Even though I have this "X", I deeply and completely accept myself" (or "Even though I have this "X", I choose to love and accept myself", or something similar).
So we tap the KC point WHILE saying the phrase three times and focusing on thre problem, feeling the intensity as much as we can.

Example: let's say the issue is being angry at a coworker, and I feel it in my neck and shoulders, with an intensity of 8. The setup would be " Even though I am angry at Susan for not doing her part of the project, I totally and completely accept myself". I would say this three times while tapping the KC point.

2. The "sequence". We do a round of tapping while saying a shortcut of the setup phrase, a "reminder", like "This X". The points to be tapped (let's do a full sequence for now) are in this order: Eye Brow (EB), Side of Eye (SE), Under the Eye (UE), Under the Nose (UN), Chin (CH), CollarBone (CB), and Under the Arm (UA). I would tap about seven tines each point WHILE saying the reminder phrase. Then, after tapping the last point, we take a deep breath and assess the feeling again, in a scale of 0 to 10.


Example: continuing with the issue of anger at the coworker, the reminder phrase would be "angry at Susan", and I would tap all the listed points, about seven times each. Then take a big breath and reassess how my neck and shoulders feel, and of course my anger at Susan, in a scale of 0 to 10.

Following rounds: If there is some anger left (or all of it...) I would do a repetition of steps 1 and 2, with the following changes: in the setup, the phrase would be "Even though I have some of this X left, I totally and completely accept myself". The sequence's reminder would be "remaining X".

Example: "Even though I have some of this anger st Susan left, I totally and completely accept myself". The sequence's reminder would be "remaining anger at Susan".

That's all for today. Happy tapping!

0 comments