Lately, after being exposed to EFT, when I hear somebody being in emotional distress, the first thing I think is "He/she should tap on that". The funny thing is that it happens also when I watch a movie: a character would be very angry/upset/frustrated/mad, and I think "just tap on it!", and the phrases automatically form on my mind. I catch myself mid-thinking, and it always makes me smile. However, I am having a hard time bringing myself to use EFT with my family and friends. First, they're not really into the "everything is energy" thinking; and second, I guess it's harder to treat someone you're so deeply attached to. Pretty much like doctors that don;t treat their own family, maybe? I am aware that the problem is mine and not theirs, and of course this gives me more material for tapping. As if I didn'd have enough already...

Gary Craig compares our issues to forests. Each tree in the forest represents and issue, and the branches represent different aspects of it. Right now I am identifying my trees, and there are so many! Sometimes I think each issue is a whole forest in my mind. For example, money. For me, it takes more than one tree. My issues with money are complex, and as it's usually the case, they go way back to childhood. I am not poor, and I am not rich; I sit in a comfortable middle. However, I am pretty stingy with money, acting like sometime in the future there might not be enough. I really don't like being like that, but it's so deeply ingrained that's hard to shake it off.

I also deal the issue of quality vs. quantity: even though I logically know that's better to buy a more expensive item of better quality (let's say, clothes), I often end up buying cheaper items, usually getting what I paid for. Of course I beat myself up later, when I realize that either a) I bought more than one item, which brings me close in price to what I would have paid for the expensive item, or b) the item(s) I bought are of such a poor quality that it's not worth even what I paid for. This brings also another money-related issue, but also intertwined with self-esteem: I am not worthy of spending money on myself. Oh dear, this is a deep one! Tap, tap, tap.

More on money: the phrases (heard a lot during childhood, mostly uttered by my mom) "Money doesn't grow on trees", "What do you think, that we are the Rockefellers?" (Mom loved that one), "It seems that having money gives you the itches" (every time I spent on something she didn't approve of), "We are not rich", "Take your medicine! Do you know the amount of money it costs me?", and more I don't recall now. I love my mom dearly, but as everybody else, I have some issues with her. The good thing is that EFT made me realize she did the best she could or she knew, and now it's up to me to clear out what doesn't help and keep the good stuff. And there's a lot of both.

Question of the day: what are your issues with money?
Happy tapping!

2 comments

  1. Muriel on November 23, 2009 at 11:57 AM

    I don't know why, but tapping on thoughts and feelings around money can be quite exciting...and comical : )

     
  2. Patricia on November 24, 2009 at 1:33 PM

    Hi Eleanore! Yes, it's exciting and also a good eye-opener, as more things come to mind while tapping, and the list of things to tap keeps growing. I didn't realize I adsorbed so much of my mom's views on money, which do not make sense right now, and still they are so deep in me. Lots of things to tap on ...